Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
The Proficiency in Designated Security Duties course is intended for seafarers working onboard vessels who have designated security duties. It covers the required knowledge to enhance maritime security awareness by recognising security threats and understanding the need for and methods of maintaining security awareness vigilance.
The course will include:
- The ISPS Code
- Threats to the maritime transport industry
- Maritime security definitions
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Company and Ship Security Requirements
- Security Threat Levels
- Security Measures and Procedures
Upon successful completion of all candidates will be issues with an STCW Proficiency for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties certificate.
To make a booking enquiry please complete our online enquiry form or contact our Marine team on 01779 476311.
Back to Training